About CEIAG (Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance) at Siddal Moor
CEIAG programmes help to prepare our young people for opportunities, responsibilities and experience of life after Year 11. It is vital that all young people get provision for the knowledge and skills that they will need to make the best decisions about their future.
CEIAG is provided from Years 7 to 11, both within the curriculum areas and with additional activities provided from within school and with external agencies. Colleges and other agencies related to further and higher education and apprenticeships will regularly attend parents evening and pathways evenings. Careers related topics are taught throughout the PSHE scheme of work for all year groups. Additionally, as pupils reach Years 9 and 10 we will arrange taster days at colleges and universities and invite such organisations to deliver assemblies in school. We will invite them to have a presence at events such as our “Future Foundations Careers Fair” which gives every year group a chance to go and speak to a range of different people from the world of education and work.
We work with Positive Steps and have a qualified careers advisor based in school for two days per week where careers interviews on a 1:1 basis take place. Karen Hodgson will also work with groups and offers drop in chats during lunchtime in the atrium. There is also attendance at parents evenings and pathways evenings.
Staff / advisors
Resources and Tools
The ‘Resources’ section has all you need to start your career choice research, write a personal statement, CV and covering letter.
It is recommended that students begin their research on their future career choices and the pathways needed to reach their career goal, prior to meeting with their independent Careers Adviser in Years 10 and 11.
- National Careers Service - Providing information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.
Job profiles / Skills Health Check / Help to get a job
- Target Careers - Information on career sectors, choosing a career, skills, A levels applications and much more.
Career Sectors / A Level Choices / Choosing your Career / Skills and Experience / Applications and Interviews
- Moving On Magazine - Moving On magazine is a print and online publication devoted to providing a wide range of information regarding choices following school.
- The Big Choice.com - Youth Career Network - TheBigChoice.com is a complete education and careers portal for the UK. Offering school leavers, students and graduates the very best in courses and career advice, helpful guidance and ultimately, job opportunities from top employers.
- Inside Careers - Specialists in Finance Careers - Graduate jobs, internships, placements and school leaver schemes as well as quality career advice by sector.
- icould - Real stories to inspire your career - From accountants to zookeepers, get a first-hand view of jobs and ideas for your future.
- UCAS - Find Career Ideas - Find career ideas by exploring different jobs, taking our career quiz, or looking at volunteering, apprenticeships, or starting your own business.
- Top 5 Interview Tips
- Help Guide to Interviewing Techniques and Tips
- Barclays LifeSkills
- Careersbox - Careers films on the web
- UCAS - Writing a personal statement
- What is a letter of Application
- Prospects - CVs and Cover Letters
- My Perfect CV - online CV builder
- Careers Advice for Parents - This is an excellent website for parents and students to view, offering advice and information on careers and career options. The site takes you through 3 steps:
Step 1 - Reflecting about themselves
Step 2 - Exploring Careers
Step 3 - Making a Plan
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programmes make a major contribution in preparing young people for opportunities, responsibilities and…
- A Levels, BTEC Courses, Vocational Qualifications, Apprenticeships. The choices available and decisions you will need to make towards the end…
- Siddal Moor and Positive Steps Partnership. Siddal Moor has a qualified careers adviser who is based in school in room CF05.…