About CEIAG at Siddal Moor
Siddal Moor is committed to providing a planned programme of careers education and information, advice and guidance (IAG).
The careers education programme at Siddal Moor enables students to develop their personal insight, careers knowledge, and career planning and management skills. It also offers information and advice that is personalised, comprehensive and impartial.
The aim of the website is that parents and students can gain the information they will need to enable students to make informed choices about their future learning and career pathways.
Team IAG at Siddal Moor comprises of 3 key members who help and support the delivery of the CEIAG programme. This could be from the planning of the schemes of work, organising careers events to having 1:1 interviews with the pupils.
Siddal Moor has a qualified careers adviser who is based in school in room CF05. He is employed by Positive Steps. Amjad Ramzan offers information, advice and guidance to students through 1-1 careers appointments, group work and attending parent’s evenings.
Staff / advisors
Resources and Tools
The ‘Resources’ section has all you need to start your career choice research, write a personal statement, CV and covering letter.
It is recommended that students begin their research on their future career choices and the pathways needed to reach their career goal, prior to meeting with their independent Careers Adviser in Years 10 and 11.
- National Careers Service - Providing information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.
Job profiles / Skills Health Check / Help to get a job
- Target Careers - Information on career sectors, choosing a career, skills, A levels applications and much more.
Career Sectors / A Level Choices / Choosing your Career / Skills and Experience / Applications and Interviews
- Moving On Magazine - Moving On magazine is a print and online publication devoted to providing a wide range of information regarding choices following school.
- The Big Choice.com - Youth Career Network - TheBigChoice.com is a complete education and careers portal for the UK. Offering school leavers, students and graduates the very best in courses and career advice, helpful guidance and ultimately, job opportunities from top employers.
- Inside Careers - Specialists in Finance Careers - Graduate jobs, internships, placements and school leaver schemes as well as quality career advice by sector.
- icould - Real stories to inspire your career - From accountants to zookeepers, get a first-hand view of jobs and ideas for your future.
- UCAS - Find Career Ideas - Find career ideas by exploring different jobs, taking our career quiz, or looking at volunteering, apprenticeships, or starting your own business.
- Top 5 Interview Tips
- Help Guide to Interviewing Techniques and Tips
- Barclays LifeSkills
- Careersbox - Careers films on the web
- UCAS - Writing a personal statement
- What is a letter of Application
- Prospects - CVs and Cover Letters
- My Perfect CV - online CV builder
- Careers Advice for Parents - This is an excellent website for parents and students to view, offering advice and information on careers and career options. The site takes you through 3 steps:
Step 1 - Reflecting about themselves
Step 2 - Exploring Careers
Step 3 - Making a Plan
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programmes make a major contribution in preparing young people for opportunities, responsibilities and…
- A Levels, BTEC Courses, Vocational Qualifications, Apprenticeships. The choices available and decisions you will need to make towards the end…
- Siddal Moor and Positive Steps Partnership. Siddal Moor has a qualified careers adviser who is based in school in room CF05.…