What is Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)?
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programmes make a major contribution in preparing young people for opportunities, responsibilities and experience of life after Year 11. They help young people make decisions and manage transitions as learners and workers. It is vital that all 11-16 year olds have the knowledge and skills they need to make informed choices. We strive at all times to conform to the current "best practices" in Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance laid down by the government.
Siddal Moor is committed to providing a planned programme of CEIAG for all students in Years 7-11, in partnership with outside agencies (Colleges, 6th Forms, Apprenticeship providers, Universities, UTCs (University Technical Colleges) and Rochdale Borough Councils commissioned provider for the Support and Guidance Service, Positive Steps).
The careers programme is designed to meet the needs of all students at Siddal Moor. It is differentiated and personalised to ensure progression through activities that are appropriate to students' stages of career learning, planning and development. The careers programme includes career sessions, career guidance activities (group work and individual interviews), information and research, work-related learning (one week work experience in June/July of Year 10) and other outside agency intervention.
Staff / advisors
Resources and Tools
The ‘Resources’ section has all you need to start your career choice research, write a personal statement, CV and covering letter.
It is recommended that students begin their research on their future career choices and the pathways needed to reach their career goal, prior to meeting with their independent Careers Adviser in Years 10 and 11.
- National Careers Service - Providing information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.
Job profiles / Skills Health Check / Help to get a job
- Target Careers - Information on career sectors, choosing a career, skills, A levels applications and much more.
Career Sectors / A Level Choices / Choosing your Career / Skills and Experience / Applications and Interviews
- Moving On Magazine - Moving On magazine is a print and online publication devoted to providing a wide range of information regarding choices following school.
- The Big Choice.com - Youth Career Network - TheBigChoice.com is a complete education and careers portal for the UK. Offering school leavers, students and graduates the very best in courses and career advice, helpful guidance and ultimately, job opportunities from top employers.
- Inside Careers - Specialists in Finance Careers - Graduate jobs, internships, placements and school leaver schemes as well as quality career advice by sector.
- icould - Real stories to inspire your career - From accountants to zookeepers, get a first-hand view of jobs and ideas for your future.
- UCAS - Find Career Ideas - Find career ideas by exploring different jobs, taking our career quiz, or looking at volunteering, apprenticeships, or starting your own business.
- Top 5 Interview Tips
- Help Guide to Interviewing Techniques and Tips
- Barclays LifeSkills
- Careersbox - Careers films on the web
- UCAS - Writing a personal statement
- What is a letter of Application
- Prospects - CVs and Cover Letters
- My Perfect CV - online CV builder
- Careers Advice for Parents - This is an excellent website for parents and students to view, offering advice and information on careers and career options. The site takes you through 3 steps:
Step 1 - Reflecting about themselves
Step 2 - Exploring Careers
Step 3 - Making a Plan
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programmes make a major contribution in preparing young people for opportunities, responsibilities and…
- A Levels, BTEC Courses, Vocational Qualifications, Apprenticeships. The choices available and decisions you will need to make towards the end…
- Siddal Moor and Positive Steps Partnership. Siddal Moor has a qualified careers adviser who is based in school in room CF05.…